Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Stunned

It is so amazing to me how easy it is for me to become so absorbed into my daily routine that I forget that the GOD I serve is absolutely incomparable, uncontainable, unfathomable, and unimaginably loving and holy. GOD didn't die for me to help me "arrange my priorities" - he IS my priority, my pearl of greatest price. My desire is to leave this life behind, with all it's illusions and half-truths, to rid my soul of all it's selfish ends and to set my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith. All this to say I'm nothing without You. And when I forget that, I'm nothing more that a morally correct, walking to-do list. I want more to faith in GOD than that; I want to be stunned by you. I want to be so moved by your holiness that I long to lay my life at your feet.

I'm in one of those "pour out my heart" modes. There's times in my life where I can't think of a thing to say to God, but there's time like today when I feel like I can't say enough. On-off, hot-cold, sleep-wake: all motions in the life that I live in accordance with the rhythm of Grace. Catch you on the flip-side.
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it. (Matthew 13:45-46)
"What can i do with my obsession
With the things i cannot see
Is there madness in my being
Is it the wind that moves the trees?
Sometimes You're further than the moon
Sometimes You're closer than my skin
And You surround me like a winter fog
You've come and burned me with a kiss

And my heart burns for You
And my heart burns...for You

And i'm so filthy with my sin
i carry pride like a disease
You know i'm stubborn, Lord, and i'm longing to be close
You burn me deeper than i know
And i feel lonely without hope
And i feel desperate without vision
You wrap around me like a winter coat
You come and free me like a bird

my love for You
my heart for You
my life for You
all i have for You"
(David Crowder, My Obsession)
See you soon.

No comments: