Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Game

Well, I'm back from the south of the border, and I had an amazing time. The FBC youth and 3 kids from CCC went down there with YUGO Ministries. almost 130 students and adults in all. It was a week of fruitful ministry and uncontrollable, hearty laughter, and I'm not sure if I can capture all my feelings and prayers and convey them to you, but I might be able to piece together a story out of the whole experience later.

Yesterday I drove back from LA (BY MYSELF) and spend the last half of the day in Fremont. Me and Monica went over to a good friend's house that night, and we watched The Game. I'd been wanting to see this movie for awhile now because I remembered that I'd seen a lot of spiritual truth in it. I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't seen it, but it was such a beautiful, shocking reminder that even when it seems that my life is spinning out of control, God is right by my side, guiding me in love and breaking my fall when I fall apart. This was a cool because this was how I felt at times when I was in Mexico; over my head out of my league, ill-equipped, and misguided. But scripture tells me that in my weakness, God is made strong, and that even though I am "under construction" in terms of being conformed into the image of Christ one day at a time, I'm still open for business. Though I sin, God allows me to take part in his work. I am broken, and Christ makes me whole. See you soon.

No comments: