Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Pope

I was raised in the Roman Catholic Church, so whenever my friends have questions about any topic remotely related to the Catholic faith, they ask me. In reality, I don't really know much about why Roman Catholic tradition is the way it is; That wasn't information I was too interested in when I was in elementary school. But the hairs on the back of my neck (I'm not sure if I actually have neck hair) stand up when I hear people say that all Roman Catholics are going to hell. I'm not going to go there. Arguing and pointing fingers is an activity that generates a lot more heat than light (got that from my RST 135 professor.)

Regardless of the doctrinal differences, there are many connections between the Roman Catholic and Protestant churches. Check out Pope Benedict XVI's view of protestants here and the late John Paul II's connection with Campus Crusade here. Keep up to date with the papacy on the unofficial Pope blog. (Articles found in Christianity Today)
Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgement, for in that which you judge another you condemn yourself, for you who judge do the same things. (Romans 2:1, NASB)

No comments: