Monday, April 25, 2005

Semi-Formal

This last weekend was a busy one. A very good friend came and visited me on thursday and friday, and saturday was the day of my fraternity's semi-formal. We went to a spanish restaurant in Sacramento, and then to the symphony (sounds refined, doesn't it.) It was a sweet time of enjoying life, building relationships, and reflecting on the simple sweetness of God.

Today was "Youth Director Appreciation" sunday in my church, so me and my co-director got to really experience what it feels like to be a part of a loving church community. We felt appreciated, to say the least. I can't say enough about how much of a blessing this opportunity of ministry and service has been. I'm always totally over my head and constantly being humbled, and that's where I like to be - dependent. In my life, there are a lot of things that are just begging to be worried about, but there is one thing that I know for sure: God is holy, above all things, in all things, and watching out for his little, foolish children. That's me. Sometimes, my life so good, and sometimes it doesn't make any sense; but so it goes in the service of GOD, and I wouldn't change a thing.

I'd rather chase your shadow all my life
than be afraid of my own
I'd rather be with you
I'd rather not know
where I'll be than
be alone and convinced that I know

and the world keeps spinning round
my world's upside down
and I wouldn't change a thing
I've got nothing else to lose
I lost it all when I found you
and I wouldn't change a thing
no, you and I wouldn't change a thing

everything I know has let me down
so I will just let go
let you turn me inside out
cause I know I'm not sure
about anything
but you wouldn't have it any other way

spinning turning watching burning
all my life has found its meaning
walking crawling climbing falling
all my life has found its meaning
(Lifehouse, Spin)

No comments: