Tuesday, May 09, 2006

MY LIFE

No more excuses. Here's a snapshot of my life right now:

LAST WEEKEND: I went up to Richardson Springs with my college community, College Life, for a retreat. The place is absolutely gorgeous, and I had some good time to reflect, rest, and experience the Word of GOD with my peers, as well as cast some vision for next year. It was off the hinges.

READING: "The Irresistible Revolution," by Shane Claiborne. I have really appreciated this book - I find it to be very constructive and compelling, offering winsome and practical ways about how to live as the body of Christ by radically changing your lifestyle, attitude, and perspective. I like Shane, and whenever I refer to an author by his first name, that's a good thing. I'll post more thoughts about it when I finish it - I'm about halfway through now.

LISTENING: When I went on the Powerhouse Snow Ski Trip, I heard this song by Shane & Shane called "The Answer." I love it. I write about music on my blog a lot, and this is no exception - it's amazing.

That's a snapshot of me right now - I'll talk with you more soon. Peace in your hoods.
i've tried more of me
and i've come up dry
trading You for things
things that go away
my happiness is found in less
of me and more of You
my happiness is found in less
of me and more of You

i have found the answer is
to love You and be loved by You alone
alright! alright! alright!
You crucify me and the world to me
and i will only boast in You
alright! alright! alright!

i'm so satisfied
at the thought of You
growing up in me
covering everything
my happiness is found in less
of me and more of You
my happiness is found in less
of me and more of You

You are, You are (loved by me)
You are, You are (You're loved by me)
You are, You are (You're loved by me)
You are, You are, You are
The Answer, Shane Bernard

1 comment:

Meg said...

good to have you back, maxwell :)