Tuesday, May 09, 2006

FLIX: MI:III

I can't remember the last time I was in the movie theater - the sad part is that probably the last movie I saw was that weak-sauce movie I saw way back in January - just like the price of gas, the high price of seeing a movie has kept me from getting out unless I absolutely need to. I didn't even see the Chronicles of Narnia (and I still haven't.) But yesterday, after hanging with some students at lunch, me and another leader from Lighthouse, Scott, decided to hit up the movie theater and catch M:I-3. (I love being finished with class at noon everyday.)

Long story short - I liked it. I really like the director, JJ Abrams, who also did X-Men 2 and created Lost and Alias. From the interviews I've read, he's a dude with a Christian worldview, and that's really awesome because I feel that the overriding themes of joy, hope, and just life abundantly really come forth in the feel of his movies, not to mention that his movies (and shows) are awesome. Not to say that this movie is sappy or sentimental - it blows the socks off of M:I-2 in terms of plot, character development and blowing-up-cool-gadget coolness, as well as leaving you with a feeling that in the end, love wins. For a guy who doesn't go the movies unless I know it's going to be amazing, I feel like I got my $6:50's worth. See you soon.

No comments: