Wednesday, February 13, 2008

MY JOY AND MY CROWN.


Monica and I just got back from out middle school winter camp up in Truckee, in conjunction with Bridges and Antelope Springs. It was an awesome time, not just for our students who had a blast, but also to be united in ministry alongside a lot of good friends. Working alongside people that you love makes the work so much more joyous and fulfilling, and that was our experience this weekend - not just old friends, but growing closer to those we are working with in ministry now too.

One of the things that really struck me this weekend was the current generation of leaders in the ministry I grew up in at Powerhouse - people like Nina, Jake Lobato, and Robby Rodruigez. Robby was in my cabin for summer camp many years ago, and Nina and Jake were both students in the ministry when I was in high school, and to see them now, having taken ownership of their faith and moving into ministry themselves gives a satisfaction that surpasses understanding. I haven't been in full time ministry for long, but I have been in the service of the King for some time, and I have experienced no greater joy than to see the seeds of truth find fertile soil and bear much fruit. To see those in which I have been privileged to have a hand in discipling grow to disciple others - what gift! These precious "click" moments, these moments of encouragement, these reminders that the Word of God is living and active - these are my joy and crown. See you soon.

"
And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe. For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy." (1 Thess. 2:13, 19-20)

No comments: