Thursday, February 21, 2008

HOSANNA.

I have really enjoyed getting better at playing the guitar, and more specifically leading worship, which I recently had some awesome opportunities to do. I enjoy doing it by myself, and singing the songs as prayers to God.

One of the songs that I've been listening to and playing over and over (which is also on the God of This City album, which I picked up this week and is amazing) is Hosanna, by Brooke Fraser, who is associated with Hillsong. I love it's scope - when I sing it, I think of it as a prophetic revelation, like what was revealed to the apostle John - a powerful vision of God's desires, and of his Kingdom coming with power. Here are links both to a performance of the song, as well as an interview with Brook Fraser about how the song came to be. See you soon.




I see the king of glory
Coming down the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes
I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing, the people sing

Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

I see a generation
Rising up to take the place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a new revival
Staring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what is yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

1 comment:

Patrick said...

i wholly agree with your sentiment on this song. one of the best single songs to come out of the modern P&W movement in many years. kudos to hillsong for this one. (by the way, the version of this song on hillsong united's all of the above is light years ahead of the passion version. listen to it back to back with the track that follows it on this album...it'll change your life.