Tuesday, March 06, 2007

CELEBRATION.


This weekend was an awesome time of celebration. On Saturday, Monica and I went to the wedding of some good friends, and we had the chance to hang out with good friends and take joy in the miracle of love. The next day I attended a baptism service at FBC and saw a bunch of the members of my college community publicly proclaim their faith in Jesus Christ.

Seeing my brothers and sisters in Christ get baptized this weekend reminded me of the time that I was baptized - having a bucket of water dumped over my head in the snow 2 years ago this last month. It fills me with joy to be reminded of the great lovingkindness of GOD, and to see his hand working in this world, turning hearts to him and raising up disciples to follow him. Thank you Jesus, for so much to celebrate. See you soon.
"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 2Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate." (Luke 15:20-24)

1 comment:

brian c. berry said...

this picture make me smile and want to go see a ridiculous movie- something that adam sandler would star in. I would love to laugh at stupid jokes and have inside puns for 10 years with this crew. Oh.. and Marc needs to start eating again.. kid looks skinny. Skinny people aren't that funny usally. Marc is way too funny to be skinny.