Friday, February 23, 2007

TONGUE-TIED.

For the past month or so, I've had a case of "Blogger's Block." I haven't been sure what to write here and what to keep to myself. I keep from posting anything really personal here - I share stories and things, and I how I see GOD working in the little things of my life, but the big stuff I keep between GOD and I, in the pages of my journal and in my heart.

But for the past month, big stuff is all that has been going on - getting engaged, looking forward to graduating from college, interviewing for a job, preparing a senior recital, and getting my school on. I feel like I'm living in a dream; it is so surreal sometimes to see the rest of my life beginning to take shape, and so humbling and overwhelming to see how richly blessed I am. I'm struck my the truth that my life is not my own - to quote Justin McRoberts, "I feel like I'm living in a movie of my life." And it's too good. God is too good. I don't know what to say except, "Jesus, hold me close."

That's all for now - see you soon.
And I'll stand
With arms wide and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
And I'll stand
My soul, Lord, to you surrendered
All I am is yours
(Hillsong United, The Stand)

2 comments:

Meg said...

When is your recital? I'm looking forward to hearing you play again.

Oh, and let's hang out, OK?

lovepeacehappi said...

That's so beautiful and amazing, Max! God is quite awe-inspiring, isn't He? :)

-Laura