Wednesday, March 23, 2005

On My Mind...

I've started and forgotten several forays into the world of blogging, but I've been encouraged and compelled to spend some time in front of a glowing screen, pouring out my thoughts and sharing my life with the everyone in the world.

For me, that feels like I'm sharing with no one, but my hope is that if someone reads this and then comes to me and says, "Hey Max, what are you thinking?," I hope that the stuff that I write here is what I would say. I do my best to engage my mind with my faith, and speaking the truth in love is something that is of the utmost importance to me. I don't want this space to be domain of some alter-ego within me that never sees the light of day, but rather a record of the thoughts and beliefs that flow through me and are refined, winnowed, and tempered by the divine and holy wisdom of the GOD most high.

This probably seems like a sort of "overshare" kind of deal, but for a guy who doesn't fit the description of "talkative," I want to define myself in the electronic world so that there is no dichotomy between who I am in Christ and who I am in bits and bytes. See you soon.

No comments: