Monday, July 02, 2007

FLIX - RATATOUILLE.

Last night, I saw my first movie in Vallejo - Ratatouille. As it came out on my birthday, I felt a special connection to it and I wasn't disappointed. I love Pixar movies for being unbelievably creative, winsome, and beautifully rendered, and this story wasn't an exception. I continue to be amazed by the vibrancy and freshness of the stories that they tell, and the interaction between the three main characters was very well done.

Some people I talked to couldn't get over the thought of kitchens and rats going together, but after living in a fraternity house for three years, it not such a big deal for me. (Just kidding, it was clean.) Though I'd prefer a grilled cheese sandwich at Country Way over some fancy-schmancy french thingy, this movie compelled me to move beyond my daily dinner staple of wheat pasta with red sauce to explore to joyous suprises of cooking stuff that tastes good. See you soon.

No comments: