Saturday, April 07, 2007

CENTURY BIKE RIDE.

As I've already posted about, I am riding in a century (100-mile) bike ride on June 2nd. Being someone who's never been athletic in my life, sometimes I question my sanity. But I've posted about my enjoyment of cycling here several times, and I'm excited to express that joy in a meaningful way.

I'm riding in this race with Team in Training, a branch of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that trains willing people to complete endurance events and raise money for blood cancer research. The training has been very trying at times, but my family and friends have been a huge blessing - supporting me, praying for me, and making me feel loved. I'm riding in celebration of my sister Jordan, who is mentally and physically handicapped. I'm so richly blessed, it's dumb.

I'm also heading off to spend a week in Mexico with the youth group of FBC - I'm looking forward to a week of fruitful service, worship, and communion with people I love. And celebrating Easter in Spanish is going to be sick. See you soon.

Visit my fundraising page here
See my home for the next week here

No comments: