Tuesday, January 09, 2007

MESSY ROOM.

Back when I was a little kid, my mom would read to me from the "Berenstain Bears" book series. They're all beautifully illustrated, but the one that I remember most fondly is the one pictured above: "The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room." I remember being awestruck by the depictions of a neat, clean room with cool little receptacles for everything, mainly because my room was such a far cry from my sadly disheveled living space.

Though those idyllic scenes never compelled me to clean up my act in my youth, I think it was this childhood memory that spurred on the impulse buy pictured below, while waiting in line at Rite Aid to purchase safety pins:

Mom, if you're reading this, I want you to know that your labor of attempting to mold me into a responsible, cleanly individual has finally borne fruit. This project came out of the few days before classes began; part of my attempt to reverse the entropy of the past quarter and look to a new beginning, a fresh start. And so it begins - my prayer is that GOD will do in me what I've done to my room - to strip away all the junk and organize my priorities so that his honor and glory come before all else. Maybe mom was right: cleanliness is next to godliness. See you soon.
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7)

No comments: