Wednesday, October 04, 2006

IN THE BEGINNING.


I took this picture on my bike ride yesterday - I thought this picture of the sun shining on all these sunflowers was gorgeous.

School has begun - I'm super stoked about the awesome stuff that GOD has placed me in the midst of this quarter, but part of me knows that I need to be honest about myself about where I end and where GOD begins. I'm just a little tiny piece of the body - my desire is to shine for GOD's glory without burning up and burning out.

I'm stoked about my classes: courses in the Black Christian Church, the Hebrew Bible, and the historical period of the Renaissance and Reformation. I'm up to my neck in books, but the truth is that I'm up to my neck in books all the time anyway. One thing that don't envy about no longer being a lower classman is that I don't have to take any more "general education" classes - all of my reading is really interesting, and I'm stoked about seeing the GOD's glory in all history, among all peoples, and in places that I hadn't thought about before.

That's all for now - so it begins. See you soon.

No comments: