Wednesday, August 23, 2006

COMING HOME


A come home two weeks from yesterday. Things I'm excited about:

1. Seeing people I love
2. Sitting on a comfy couch in Bay Street Coffee with a good book
3. Going on slurpee runs (they don't have 7-11s in New York)
4. Driving my car on streets I know
5. Going through the $3.95 bin at Rasputin's Music
6. Going thrift store shopping with my mom
7. Eating a chicken super burrito from the "Tacos La Esmeralda" taco truck (My girlfriend surprised me by coming here to NY to surprise me [a whole different story] and put a burrito on ice, carrying it on the plane, flying 3,000 miles, and bringing it to me. I couldv'e died and gone to heaven. My girlfriend is amazing.)
8. Driving to Santa Cruz, having a bonfire, and stopping at Marianne's Ice Cream afterwards
9. Going on bike rides with my dad
10. Kissing my mom
11. Kissing my sister
12. Shooting finger rockets and laughing in the Student Ministries Office at BCC
13. Doing nothing
14. Doing nothing with my girlfriend
15. Doing anything in Davis

I'm not homesick, but I love my home, and I'm excited to come back to all the things that I'm so thankful for. I haven't been faithful to post updates here, but I have begun to journal regularly, so my hope is to share some of those stories here. Thank you for your prayers and support - I miss you. See you soon. (Seriously.)

No comments: