Wednesday, July 12, 2006

COTW - WEEKS 1 & 2

Camp is off the hook. After a week of preparation for what camp was going to be like, the first "guests" arrived for week 1 of camp. We played dodgeball, or "Sphere Evasion" as they call it here, because there's some kind of taboo/illegality regarding dodgeball - I've never seen kids throw balls at each other for so long. I get paid to hang out with teenagers - There's nowhere else I'd rather be.

For my birthday, I went into town and ate chinese food at Dragon City. In a town of 349, you wouldn't think that there would be a good chinese restaurant, but not so in Speculator - it was delicious.

This is what I remember in looking back on the past two weeks - I feel like it has flown by, and I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth. I'm being stretched, tested, and refined - I'm blessed to have so many praying for my time here, and to have so many amazing men and women of GOD to work with.

I wish you could be here, and see it all, but for now, I'll get my thoughts together and see if I can't being a little more coherent next time. GOD is good - that's all I can say. See you soon.

No comments: